Random Thoughts on a Saturday Night

I have a bunch of thoughts running through my head and it was hard to condense things to one topic. So, this may be a bumpy ride. Hang on! ;)

Kierra's 4th birthday is May 14th already. I've been throwing around some ideas. So far she is insistant on two things. 1) She wants to go bowling. 2) She wants a Rescue Heroes theme. I figured we could do a really small bowling get together first, then a larger party later. Kierra really wants it at our house, but it's small and there really isn't any parking. We may have to have my mom host it again, which I still feel weird about. I wish we could do it here, but I just don't know how it could be feasible. I also had the idea of a park shelter, but those aren't overly cheap either.

Ali has started with the "Why" questions. When I tell her not to do something, she always responds with "Whyyyyyyyyyyy?" She does it in this high-pitched, drawn out way that makes me want to scream but at the same time she's just so darn cute! At least she listens...sometimes. We often have to convince her it was her idea and then she's more agreeable to going along with us. LOL

Angie is alsmot crawling! I'd give her a couple of weeks and my guess is she will be a pro. She will be 9 months old on Kierra's birthday. Already!

I haven't mentioned in this blog, so for anyone not familiar with me, I have a Master's degree in art therapy. I graduated in May 2009 and have been home with the kids since. I had signed up for classes online last month. I was hoping to get a post-Master's certificate in medical family therapy. But, alas, that won't be happening. They failed to mention to me that the program is aid-ineligible. Yeah...thanks. Ugh. I'm not working so I don't have more than a grand to plop down for each class. So now I am in the process of applying to take classes for AODA certification. I figure this will keep me active in the field and possibly increase my potential for getting hired at some point. At least I hope. I have been on the look out for a part time job but haven't found anything yet. I would need a position that I could do, and my disability seems to always be in the way. Of course they never say that is why when they turn me down. But come on...I go from "Wow...Master's in art therapy! How cool!" pre-interview to "Sorry, you don't meet our qualifications" in the letter later. I can't help feeling my disability has to be playing just a little part in that!

I think that was it for what I wanted to write but it's getting really late and my mind is more jumbled up now than it was earlier. Angie is teething, so it's been some sleepless nights for me lately. Since she's sleeping, it would be wise for me to do the same. ;)

0 comments: