Free Family Night - Gardening

For anyone local, here's a free event I just saw and wanted to post about for anyone interested. It's at the Kettle Moraine YMCA in West Bend. From their website (kmymca.org):

Spring Fling - Free Friday Night Family Night
Friday, April 23 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Free community event! Spring into the Y for our family night filled with tips and projects on gardening for kids and adults. Kids plant your first garden of the year. Moms and Dads learn about container water gardening.


Sounds cool, huh? I'm going to try convincing my dear husband to go. ;) I really want to have a garden this year, so it's perfect timing. I have such fond memories of my parents having a garden growing up. I also want my children to learn those invaluable lessons. I don't want them to be like the children on that TV show Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution that didn't know a thing about fresh fruits and veggies!

We don't have a Y membership right now, although we may get one in the future. So I'm not overly familiar with our local one so can't give much of a review. My mom did take my older daughters to another free event they had and she told me that the kids did like it. My guess is they will love this as well. Neither one is afraid of getting dirty and Kierra loves worms!

0 comments: