Group for Families with Disabilities

I decided to finally start one for Washington County. I've been wanting to do something like it for awhile, but wasn't sure where to start. So I decided to just make a group on Facebook (link here). And made a public blog page here. I also posted on craigslist that I was looking for interested people. I'm going to be safe about it since I know the scary people that can be lurking online, but I figured it was a quick way to get the word out. I will screen each person that contacts before just meeting with them.

It can feel very lonely to be a parent with disabilities, and I'm sure it's also lonely when it's the child that has disabilities. I was hoping to set up a sort of support group and possibly play dates and local handicapped-friendly events.

I'm not sure if I'll find anyone interested or how else to advertise (preferably free for now!) but figured I have to start somewhere! ;)

1 comments:

Kat May 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Good for you! I'm sure people looking for support will find you and be happy they did :-)